Nothing better than having a bowl of hot soup in winter. I prefer home made soups to the packed ones as they are fresh and without any preservatives. Today I have tried out celery soup.
Celery is a great choice if you are watching your weight. One large stalk contains only 10 calories! So start adding celery in your salads, soups and stir-fries. You can even snack on a piece of celery with any kind of dip.
Celery ..... 2 cups (chopped)
Onion .... 1 (half cup - sliced)
Potato .... 1 (1 cup - chopped)
Cream .... 3-4 tbsps
Olive oil ... 1 tbsp
Salt ..... to taste
Black pepper .. freshly ground
Celery leaves ... for garnishing.
1. Clean the celery stalks and wipe them with a kitchen towel.
2. Chop the celery, potato and onion.
3.In a pan add 1 tbsp olive oil and the onion slices and saute for a minute.
4. Tip in the potato and celery. Add salt to taste.
5. Add about 3-4 cups of vegetable stock or water and bring to a boil.
6. Simmer until the vegetables are cooked. Let them cool.
7. Blend the soup using a hand blender or in a mixie.
8. Pour it back into the pan. Check the consistency and add milk or water to dilute according to your liking.
9. Stir in the cream and season with freshly ground black pepper.
10. Pour it into the serving bowl and garnish with celery leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.