This is a very basic and easy chocolate cake recipe. . Make sure all the ingredients are at room level temperature. You can make cup cakes with this too.
Flour ... 150 gms (1 cup)
Cocoa .. 50 gms (1/3 cup)
Castor sugar ..220 gms (1 cup)
Butter ........ 80 gms (80 gms)
Baking powder .. 1 tsp.
Milk ................125 ml (1/2 cup)
Eggs .............. 2
1. Sift the flour and baking powder together.
2. Sift the cocoa powder and icing sugar separately.
3. In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until blended.
4. Add eggs one by one beating them until fluffy.
5. Spoon in the flour and cocoa alternately.
6. Add milk and beat for half a minute.
7. Pour the batter into a greased ring mould or any other mould.
8. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
9. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
Note: The baking time may vary a little depending on the size and type of oven.