Recipe source - Foodelicious
Onions ... 1
Potato ... 1
Spinach leaves ... 2-3 cups
Butter ......... 1 tbsp
Oats ....... 2 tbsps
Cumin powder .... 1/2 tsp
Chilli flakes .. a pinch ( optional)
Salt .............. to taste
Black pepper .. freshly crushed as needed.
1. Heat the butter in a pan and saute the onions until translucent.
2. Now tip in the chopped potato pieces and stir fry for a minute.
3 Add salt and enough water and let them simmer for 4-5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile in a pan dry roast the oats until they change colour and leave a nice aroma.
.7. Blend the cooked spinach and potato with a hand blender or mixie.
8. Add water according to the thickness you like and boil it.
7. Sprinkle the roasted oats on the soup in individual bowls just before serving.
This quantity yeilds 2 servings.