ALOO KI DAL
Here is the recipe.
Potatoes - 2 large
Tomato ... 1
Ginger ... 1 inch piece (grated)
Garlic .... 1 tsp (crushed)
Green chillies .. 2
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Amchoor powder .. 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp ( or as per taste)
Coriander leaves .. handful
Salt ..... to taste
Asafoetida .. a generous pinch
Cumin seeds .. 1 tbsp
Curry leaves .. few
Dry red chillies .. 1-2 broken
Oil .... 2-3 tbsps
1. Boil and mash the potatoes. Add a little water and blend with a hand grinder or in a blender.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients.
3. When they crackle, add the chopped tomato, green chillies, ginger, garlic and saute until the tomato is cooked.
4. Now add the blended potato and the required quantity of water. ( according to the consistency you like)
5. Stir in the salt and the spice powders mentioned in the list.
6. Finally add the coriander leaves.
Serve with plain rice.
Note: If you want to serve it with puris and rotis you can make the consistency thicker.