Rava / semolina ... 1 cup
Sugar ............. 1/2 cup
Water .......... 2 cups or little more
Ghee ........... 2-3 tbsps (add more or less as per your prefernce)
Saffron ....... a good pich to get a nice colour.
Cardamoms .... 2-3
Raisins ....... 8-10
Salt .. a pinch
Dry fruits of your choice for garnishing.
1. Heat ghee in a pan and add the split cardamoms.
2. Add rava and stir fry it until you get a nice aroma taking care not to make it brown.
3. Add the hot water and keep stirring to avoid lumps.Add the raisins.
4. When the consistency is thicker add the sugar and the saffron soaked in little milk.
5. Simmer and stir it a couple of times.
Garnish with dry fruits of your choice. You can even cut it into pieces after it cools.
Tip: Add a spoon of ghee at the final stage and stir to get a nice consistency and flavour.