Potatoes ... 2-3 (cut into cubes or use baby potatoes)
Green peas .. 1 cup (fresh or frozen)
Onion ...... 1 (chopped Finely)
Tomato ... 1 (or use 1/4 cup puree )
Green chillies .. 1-2
Ginger ........ 1 tsp (grated)
Garlic ......... 1 tsp (crushed)
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp (add more if you like it spicy)
Almond or cashew paste ( 1-2 tbsps)
Salt ........ to taste
Oil .... 2-3 tbsps
Coriander leaves ..handful
1. In a pan heat oil and saute the onion until golden brown.
2. Add the ginger, garlic, tomato, green chillies and simmer until tomato is cooked.
3. Tip in the potatoes and green peas with all the spice powders and salt.
4. Saute and add enough water to cook.
5. Add the almond and cashew paste when almost done. Give it a boil or two. Keep the gravy as per your preference.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.(add half while cooking)
Can be served with rotis / pulaos.