These are my favourite cutlets. Usually I make them plain, but for a change.. added some crushed walnuts because hubby dear loves them. I was satisfied with the result !!! they came out quite good. You can actually make use of your left-over chicken keema this way.
Ingredients:Chicken mince .... 150 gms
Walnuts .............. handful ( crushed coarsely)
Eggs ................... 1
Bread crumbs ..... freshly made from 1 slice ( if using dried crumbs, take 2-3 tbsps)
To Cook the Chicken Mince:
Onion ... 1 big ( about 1 cup sliced)
Tomato ... 1 small
Ginger paste.... 1 tsp
Garlic paste .. 1 tsp
Green chilli ... 1
Coriander powder .. 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder... 1/4 tsp
Garam masala ...... 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/8 tsp
Salt ................... to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and add onions. Saute until golden brown.
2. Add the ginger garlic, chillies, tomato and mix until tomatoes are soft.
3. Now tip in the chicken mince, salt and the spice powders. Saute well until the colour changes.Sprinkle a little water and cook until done on low flame. It has to be dry. Set aside to cool.
To Prepare the Cutlets:
1. Mix one egg, half of the breadcrumbs, little garam masala, crushed walnuts to the chicken mince. Check the salt. It will be little moist because of the egg, but not to worry. Refrigerate it for an hour or more before making cutlets.
2. Roll them in the remaining bread crumbs. If you are not frying them, put them back in the refrigerator again until you are ready.
3. Heat a little oil in a flat pan/griddle, fry the cutlets. Since the chicken mince is already cooked, you just have to fry lightly. The texture of the cutlets will be nice and firm because of the egg.