Chicken Frankie is the most popular snack that is very popular in restaurant menus or street food. It can be easily made at home which is definitely a healthy option. You can make thin wraps with maida or flour, dip one side with egg mix, pan-fry and fill it with any stuffing of your choice alning with sauces.
For the Chicken filling:
Chicken fillet ... 100 gms
Onion ....... 1 sliced
Garlic paste ... 1 tsp
Ginger paste ... 1 tsp
Coriander powder ... 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder ........ 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder .... 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder ..... 1/2 tsp
Garam masala .......... 1/2 tsp
Salt ......................... to taste
Oil ................ 2 -3 tbsps
Coriander leaves ... handful
Lemon juice ......... 2-3 tbsps
1. Clean the chicken and dice it into very thin strips. You can do it easily while it is a bit frozen.(alternately you can mince it coarsely in a food processor)
2. Marinate the chicken with lime juice and all the dry spice powders mentioned above.(at least for 1 hour)
3. In a pan heat oil and saute the ginger garlic. Add the sliced onion and fry for a minute.
4. Now tip in the marinated chicken and fry till the colour changes. Simmer until done. You may not require any water as the chicken is finely shredded and it cooks very fast.
5. Add the chopped coriander leaves.
To Make Rotis or Wraps:
Wheat flour ... 1 cup
White flour/maida... 1 cup
Oil ............. 3-4 tbsps
Salt ......... to taste
1. Mix the flours together and add the salt and oil. Knead them into a soft dough with water.
2. Roll out very thin rotis and roast them on the griddle. Keep them soft..do not over-cook them.
To make the Frankies:
Eggs ..... 2
Chaat masala ... to sprinkle
Sliced onion and lettuce leaves ..optional ( I don't like putting these in the frankie because they make it very soggy)
1. Beat the eggs adding a little salt.
2. Dip only one side of the roti in the egg mix and fry it on a griddle/frying pan.
3. Place the chicken filling on the egg-side, in the middle, sprinkle the chaat masala, spread a little chilli sauce. (and the lettuce and onion if you like it)
4. Roll it and wrap the foil paper around it.
Serve it hot.