Chicken .... 200 gms.
Cardamoms ... 8
Wheat flour ... 1 tbsp.
Turmeric powder ..1/8 tsp.
Garam masala ...... 1/2 tsp.
Salt .................. to taste
Oil .................. 2 tbsp.
Black pepper ..... crushed.
1. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan. Crush the cardamoms with the skin and add to the oil.
2. Add the chicken pieces, turmeric powder, salt and garam masala. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
3. Add 3 cups of water and simmer it for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is tender.(if you pressure-cook it, use less water)
4. In a small pan take 1 tbsp. oil and fry the wheat flour on low flame for a minute.
5. Dilute this with a little water and add to the chicken and cook further for a minute.
6. Sprinkle freshly crushed black pepper before serving. You may squeeze a little lime juice too if you like.
This is a traditional Sindhi preparation. You can prepare the mutton in the same way. Serve with rotis or bread.
It is very light without too many spices and can be relished during pregnancy and after baby's birth. Perfect even when you are a bit unwell . It can be just taken like soup too.