Sugar - 2 cups
Water - 1 cup
Cardamoms - 4
Saffron - a pinch
Oil for frying
Milk powder - 3 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Cardamom Powder - 1/4 th tsp
Lime Juice or Vinegar
1. Cut the bread slices in a round shape using a cutter or a bottle lid.
2. Fry till gloden brown and crisp.
3. Make a thick syrup with sugar, water, saffron and cardamoms.
4. Mix 2 cups milk powder with 1 and 1/2 cups water and make paneer(cottage cheese) using vinegar or lime juice.
5. Drain and allow it to cool.
6. In a bowl, mix lightly -1 cup milk powder, the prepared paneer, 1 cup sugar, ghee and cardamom powder.
7. Spread it in a flat dish and microwave it for 3-4 minutes. (Mawa is ready)
8. Crumble this mawa and pour a few spoons of milk to make it of spreading consistency.
9. A few hours before serving, place the bread coins in a flat dish, pour the sugar syrup over them with a spoon and let them soak for about 1-2 hours or until they are softer.
10. Spread the mawa over them and garnish with pistachio powder.
11. For variation you can also garnish with a cherry.